Saturday, September 06, 2008

WARNING! These pictures may make you gasp for breath...










Permanent. Pink. Marker. Everywhere.

Carsten's lucky he lived to see another day.

Some damage not pictured:
About 1/3 of the screen of Danyel's 50" TV scribbled on... back panels of the TV... surround sound center channel speaker... a few more places on the wall.... downstairs gate... kitchen cabinets & drawers... leather couch... coffee table... dishwasher door... oven door...

It's amazing what kind of damage a 3 1/2 year old can do in a matter of 10-15 minutes while Mommy takes a shower. After Carsten saw my genuine reaction of sheer horror and shock, he immediately realized he was in for it. He just kept apologizing... desperately. I was in such shock, I couldn't say a word for a few minutes. After my anger rose up, I spanked him and sent him to his room. I could hardly look at him for at least another 30 minutes. I couldn't talk to him either... I didn't trust myself to not say something that could have led to a visit by CPS.

Holy Hell.

Believe it or not, I managed to get it off of 2/3 of the surfaces, but I am having a heck of a time getting it off a few things. If you ever need any tips on getting permanent marker off of anything (tv screens, walls, wood furniture, door knobs, etc.), let me know! If anyone has any suggestions for the leather or upholstery, please pass them along...

0 comments: