Friday, January 19, 2007

Monkey Bizness

I took Carsten to Monkey Bizness today. With it raining now for a week straight and with no outside playtime everyday, I thought it would be a great indoor place for him to expel some of his pent up energy. It is a place that has a playroom with a bunch of inflatable moonwalks, obstacle courses, slides, etc. It's only $5 for 1 1/2 hours of playtime. It was such a blast! I don't know who had more fun... him or I.

He had a permanent smile on his face and went full speed for the entire time. I had to drag him out of there kicking and screaming at the end of his session.

He was able to do most everything on his own, with the exception of this huge slide that was like 2 stories tall. Actually, he did fine climbing up on his own and everything, but I was not comfortable letting him go on his own. I was surprised he wasn't scared of it because it was pretty steep and fast. It actually gave me butterflies in my stomach on the way down. But, he had no fear and we had to do it again and again and again. I thought I was going to die. It's a good thing I am only 5 months along - I don't think I could have managed the climb up otherwise!
Anyway, he was so worn out when we left he was ASKING for a nap. That was a first!

In that last picture there, he was pretending to go "nite-nite" in the moonwalk. Such a character...

0 comments: