Thursday, April 13, 2006

Carsten vs. The Bunny


Yesterday I took Carsten to see the Easter Bunny. You can't really tell it from the picture, but he is crying. I chose this shot because he almost looks like he is smiling. He was suspect of the bunny from the moment we got in line. He looked terribly nervous and eyed the furry creature every so often as if to make sure he wasn't getting any closer to him. When it was his turn, I went for it. I just slapped him down in the bunny's lap and hoped that they could get a picture before he got wise to what was going on. It didn't work. He started screaming and trying to get away. I tried shoving a sucker in his mouth and the photographer tried entertaining him with toys, but he had already fallen off the deep end. It was a good thing that I washed my hair yesterday and put on make up because I ended up having to sit down with him and the bunny. Even so, I am shocked that they got this good of a picture because he was still crying and trying to squirm away. About 20 bad shots later, we gave up. When I finally let him down he bolted off running as fast as his little legs would carry him. He was determined to get the hell away from that bunny. After I chased him down and paid for the picture, I took him to the play area and let him play for an hour. It's the least I could do after torturing him for the sake of a photo. Hopefully, there was no permanent damage done.

BTW... Doesn't he look so adorable in his Easter outfit with his little tie on and loafers?!

0 comments: