Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Uncomfortably exposed

The second day that we were in Ravello, I decided to have a massage before we went out for dinner... kind of a vacation treat. So, I went to my appointment and changed into my robe. The masseuse brought me into a room and barely spoke a word of English. She left the room as I crawled onto the table and under the blanket. They only thing I was wearing was a disposable thong that they had given me to put on. I was instantly cold. When I am very overtired, I get a bad case of the chills. So, being naked just intensified my goose bumps. The girl, who mind you was a very attractive Italian girl, came back into the room and started my massage. She was very soft and almost sensual. I was a little uncomfortable with her technique. Instead of working out the kinks, it seemed as if she was trying to seduce me. Being that I am not a lesbian, I did not particularly enjoy this. :-) In addition, I had goose bumps so bad that when she would rub against the hair follicle, the hairs would feel prickly against my skin. She started at my legs and worked her way up. Once she got to my shoulders (at this point I was facing up), she folded down the blanket to my waist - completely exposing my breasts! Then, she started to massage my shoulders, chest, and waist. I have never had a massage where they expose any of your body parts, or even worse, massage them! I have to tell you, that I felt a tad bit violated! I know that in Europe, this type of thing is so not an issue, but I am a prude American! At the end of the massage the masseuse told me in the best English that she knew that she was done by saying, "Ma'am, it's o.k." No lady, it was definitely not o.k.

0 comments: