Wednesday, February 07, 2007

My Romeo

This morning after I finished changing Carsten's diaper, I extended my hand to him to help him up. Instead, he pulled me down towards him and held both sides of my face with his little hands. He pulled my face down right in front of his, looked me in the eye, and said so very sweetly with a grin on his face, "I wuv you Mama. I kiss you Mama." Then he closed his eyes, puckered his lips, and planted a big one on my lips. He was so very sweet, charming, and completely engrossed in the moment. And, like everything these days, he said and did it a million times before he was content enough to move on to the next thing. I relished every second of it and fought back tears brought on by a joy unlike any other in this world.

Today was a perfect day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you are old and gray, those
are the moments that you remember,
not the ones when they are making
you tear your hair out. He is such
a little sweetheart.