Saturday, December 31, 2005

Housewife gets a day off! (Well, half a day...)

Yesterday, my mom and I went to a day spa and spent the morning getting pampered! We each had an hour long massage, pedicure, manicure, and a spa lunch. Just that hour long massage was so therapeutic. There is nothing more relaxing than laying on a warm bed-like table in a dim room listening to the sounds of a waterfall and relaxing music while someone works out all your kinks and knots for an entire hour. When you are done, you feel as if you have been drugged. The rest of the day, I was useless. It's like some kind of calming hormone was released into my body. I vow to try and do this every three months or so. I have had a few professional massages before, but this was the first since Carsten. Pre-Carsten, this was just a luxury. I mean, let's face it, life before kids was a walk in the park. Besides the time you are working, you can relax anytime that you want. Post-Carsten, this is a necessity. Finding time to relax is very difficult, if not impossible. So, a spa day, or even just a massage every once in a while, is a must! My next spa experience will way top this one, however. In April, Danyel and I are going to the Amalfi Coast in Italy... alone. We are staying at a five star hotel on top of a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean (this is an Edward Jones trip, of course). We have decided to pamper ourselves and have a couples massage at the spa in the hotel. They do massages in this open balcony atop the cliff. Can you imagine a more relaxing experience... getting a rub down in the warm Italian sun while listening to the breeze and the waves of the aqua blue ocean below crashing into the shore??!! I think not. This true paradise is awaiting me.

0 comments: