Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Housewife in need of a personal day!

Today is a "blah" day. The weather outside is frightful... no sunshine in sight. I hate the winter, but at least it feels like Christmas weather. Carsten is teething again and has some sort of upper respritory thing going on. He's been a bear. I've got lots to do, but no energy to do it. Plus, I have a 10 1/2 month old clinging to my leg whining in pain. I just remembered that I still have yet to brush my teeth... gross. Danyel just called and complained about eating leftovers for dinner and decided that he will stop and pick up some chinese food for himself on the way home. Ungrateful b#$%@&d. I have cleaned up Carsten's throw up 3 times today. Calgon take me away! Today I am not a happy housewife. Today I yearn for my lonely old office where nobody bothered me while I played solitaire to pass the time. I don't mean to complain - I know that I have got it good and am thankful every day for my family and my role in this family, but somedays you just don't want to go to work. Somedays you just need to take a "sick day".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Work will not help Bird! Trust me! Sometimes I just get "blah!" No real reason, just because. You do need a personal day!

Melissa said...

Mothers unite! I'd be more than happy to watch Carsten for a couple of hours on the days I work from home or on the weekends so that you can have some YOU time! Everyone needs some time alone to decompress!

Or, maybe we can even swap evening babysitting so that we can go out on dates :-)

Just call me!!!