Friday, April 11, 2008

Recap

Where do I start??

Let's start with Aydin... my little chunky monkey. He's almost a year old! I can't believe it. I am really sad about this. Being that Aydin is my last baby, I wish he would stay a baby a little longer. I'm not ready to have another "boy" running loose in this house! He hasn't started walking yet, but I give it a few more weeks before he gets brave enough to take his first steps. He can stand alone for a pretty good amount of time. He crawls and cruises around like a mad man exploring everything. He is just like his brother, in that sense, very active and inquisitive. He's been a pretty easy baby. He never fusses much and is always smiling. We drag him around with us everywhere and he adjusts to whatever setting we're in. He's a whopping 27 lbs. and seems to be getting a little chunkier again now that he is eating a full three meals a day. He's still on mostly baby food & formula because, like his brother again, he has an awful gag reflex. He can do cheerios and crumbled cheese, but most things come back up, so I don't even bother. We'll give it a couple of more months before I try to start pushing table food on him again. Let's see... what else. He has eight teeth. He sleeps like a champ. He has a deep voice and laugh. I think he says "Mama" (but only when he is whining). His hair is to die for and I am never going to cut it (at least not until Danyel makes me). He is just the cutest thing ever! I could slop him up with a spoon. YUM! Everywhere we go, people tell us how sweet and adorable he is. We didn't have the same experience with Carsten. He came out looking like a little boy. People just melt at Aydin's feet. I love it. Maybe it's those blue eyes...

Carsten. Carsten has had quite a year. He went through a little rough patch after Aydin was born... lots of defying and tantrums. The worst part of it all was that he was mad at me. For awhile he just didn't want anything to do with me. It about killed me. Talk about guilt. But, he adjusted to having a brother and is really enjoying him now that he can move around and play. He's a little rough with him at times, though. The other morning, Danyel found Aydin with a cord wrapped twice around his neck and Carsten had him pinned up against the wall. When Danyel asked him why he did that, he said, "I didn't mean to" (that's what he ALWAYS says) and then said, "I didn't want to play with him anymore, Daddy". Ha. Reason enough, huh? I feel like I repeat the word "gentle!" like a mantra every day. He knows better, but he just does it out of spite. I think he gets tired of being the one who is always getting told what to do and corrected, while Aydin lives on easy street and he takes his frustrations out on him. Carsten potty trained about 8 months ago (??? again, bad memory). It was fairly easy once I figured out what worked best for him. He is starting preschool in September, which I am super excited about. The school is awesome! Not to mention, I am really going to enjoy having some one on one time with Aydin. Carsten gave up his nap about 6 months ago, which has been an adjustment for me. I just started a "quiet time" this week where he has to go in his room and play quietly with the door closed for an hour. It's been great... I have really noticed a difference in his behavior. Plus, I get an hour to myself to do stuff (like update my blog!) Carsten is very active and all boy. It's a challenge to find him playmates that can keep up with him. He's a fairly good kid. Three has been way worse than two, though. Rebellion, defiance, back talking, not listening... all his weak points. But, we are working it out. I think we have it under control as best as possible. We don't need Supernanny... yet. I am really looking forward to 4!

As for Danyel, he is doing great.... work is great... He just got a new scooter, which he is loving. You can check out the video a few posts ago. He is awesome. What more could I say? Love you Pookie!

Then, there's Me! I am good. Adjusting to having two kids was way more of a challenge than I had imagined, but I made it out the other end all in one piece (for the most part). I could tell you some stories, Internet, but we'll save that for later. I enjoy being home with the kids, but have to stay busy. We do story time at the library and and a mom's group at the park every week. I have met a lot of other moms in the area this year, which has been great. I do get tired of looking at the walls in the house, so I really look forward to weekends out adventuring with the family and to vacations. I have all of our vacations planned through 2009! Yes, I am obsessed like that. We are going to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic in the Caribbean in July, Destin in October, Cabo San Lucas next Spring, on an Alaskan cruise next summer, and probably back to Destin next October... all with the kiddos. I haven't been ready to leave Aydin yet. I don't know why. It's been much harder than with Carsten. Aydin has never spent a night away from us. Maybe just about the time I get ready, my mom will be retired and able to keep the kids for us while we go globe trotting! We've been vacationing a lot with my parents, which is great. They are fun travel companions and great with the kids. We had a great time in Cancun together last month. That's about it... other than that, my life revolves around the kids schedules, dishes, laundry, and cooking. It can get pretty routine, but that's the way I like it... predictable.

THE END. Let's move on from here, shall we? No time to be living in the past!

0 comments: