Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thanks Pookie...

Today being a mom was the last thing I felt like doing. I just kept thinking... What would I give to get away from all of this? Pathetic pitty party, I know.

At lunch today, Aydin burped and up with his burp came his lunch. Projectile throw up everywhere... again... the second time in less than 24 hours. As I have mentioned he has an awful gag reflex. As I surveyed the damage, my spirits fell. I just sat there staring at all the goo. I am so tired of cleaning up Aydin's throw up. The task of cleaning it up just seemed so overwhelming. It was the last thing I felt like doing. As I sat there, with this crushed look on my face, Pookie came over and just at the right minute, said the right thing. Without me even saying a word, he knew what I was thinking. He said, "Honey, you are doing a very important job. Don't forget that." I instantly felt better. I know that, but I sometimes loose sight of it in all the poop, vomit, and slobber. It's really nice to know that he thinks so as well.

I tried to remember this throughout all the yuckiness of my day...

Cleaning Carsten's pee off himself and the carpet...
Wiping Carsten's bottom after going to the bathroom...
Scraping up play-doh from the floor and table...
Changing Aydin's dirty diaper...
Picking up the toys for the third time today...
Sweeping the dirt off the living room floor after Aydin grabbed a few handfuls out of the plant...
Loading dirty dishes in the dishwasher for the second time today...
Wiping down Aydin's dirty black hands, feet, and knees from crawling around outside...

And it's only 4:30...

0 comments: