Monday, February 06, 2006

"The Five People That You Meet in Heaven" : A Movie Review

I have been meaning to write about this movie now for over a week... Last weekend Danyel and I rented this made for TV movie called "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". I know, I know... made for TV movies are so sappy and cheesy, but this one was not... I swear. My mom actually gave me this book to read shortly after I had Carsten, but needless to say, I never found the time to read it. For me, this was one of those movies that I continued to think about well after it was over. This movie was very powerful in the sense that it really drove home the point that everything does happen for a reason... the good... and the bad. ALL things that happen in our lives are POSITIVE... you just don't always realize it and sometimes have to look really hard for it. It is about this guy who does maintenance on carnival rides... something he has done his whole life. He dies trying to save a little girl from a falling carriage ride. He goes to heaven and proceeds to meet 5 people that shaped his life... some are obvious, like his wife who passed away at a young age... some are not so obvious - people he didn't even know. It seems on the surface that this guy has had a life full of despair and broken dreams. After closer examination, his life has actually been quite righteous and all the glory of heaven awaits him. As he continues his journey throughout the movie meeting these 5 people, he desperately wants to know if he was able to save the little girl, but he doesn't find out until he meets his fifth person. The fifth person is the most dramatic and really drives home the whole lesson of the movie. I don't want to ruin the movie for anyone, so I won't go into anymore detail. I am so glad that I watched this movie, for it really did re-strengthen my faith in just trusting in God's plan and in the fairness of fate. I highly recommend it!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES, THE MOVIE WAS GOOD, BUT.....
YOU KNOW WHAT I AM GOING TO SAY,
THE BOOK WAS WAY BETTER!!!