Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Lost and Found

Last night I had a dream and an old college roommate and friend of mine was in it. I don't even remember what the dream was about. But, I woke up thinking, "I wonder what happened to her?" It's probably been about four years or so since I last heard from her. So, I googled her name and ended up finding her email address. So, I emailed her. I wasn't really expecting to get a reply... just thought I would give it a shot. Within a couple of hours she emailed me back! How crazy is that! Come to find out she lives really close to me in the Heights. We decided to meet up sometime soon.

Life is crazy. We lose touch with people so easily and really for no reason at all - it just happens... and these are people that at one time were a big part of our lives. Life just gets in the way, you go down different paths, you grow apart... various reasons, I guess. It's like you talk to them one day and then a week goes by, and then a month, and then a year. Before you know it they feel worlds away, but come to find out, they have been right around the corner the whole time. :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are becoming a mind reader or something! That is so weird! I think some people are just suppose to meet over and over again.

Carsten said...

I know!! Like last night at dinner when I just knew what Alison was going to ask me... that was really wierd! It is creepy when your intuition kicks in like that... Wacky!

Anonymous said...

YES i have been found.. and by confines of the law, I must remain in harris county.. JUST KIDDING! So glad to hear from you again!