Wednesday, May 24, 2006

In search of some music therapy...

Today I bought the new Dixie Chicks album. It is probably the first CD I have bought in years. I am not much of a music buff. Danyel is like the "King" of music. He knows EVERYTHING about any genre or type of music. It's unbelievable. He is always shocked at how little I know about music. I can sing along with all the songs on the radio, but I have no clue who is singing about 80% of the songs... o.k. probably more like 90%.

Back to the Chicks... So, I bought the CD this morning at Wal-Mart. I actually made a special trip there when they were sold out of it at Target. This is how determined I was to buy it... or how bored I was this morning. Whatever. I have heard a couple of their new songs and have liked them, so I figured I would give it a shot. I have never been much of a Dixie Chicks fan in the past. Well, aside from the time they put the smack down on Bushy boy. They did their part to ruin W's reputation (not like he needs much help doing that), so the least I could do is buy one of their CD's.

So, I have not listened to the CD yet. The only time I have an opportunity to listen to music is when I am driving. But, most of the time, I give in to Carsten's constant "requests" to watch a movie on the DVD player. He doesn't take no for an answer lightly. So, it may be a few weeks before I actually make it through the entire CD.

4 comments:

Dollywood Bound said...

Where is Bubby? Is he still around?! BRING BUBBY BACK!

Carsten said...

Bird, though Bubby is my pride and joy, my thoughts and interests actually DO go beyond the Bubby spectrum. Bubby gets plenty of blog space!

Anonymous said...

BRING BACK BUBBY! NEED MORE BUBBY!

Melissa said...

You're just mad that Cara bought a Dixie Chicks CD :-P