Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Passion Flower

I don't remember where I first saw the passion flower, but I know that it was not in Houston and that I thought it was the coolest flower I had ever seen... very modern-like. Then, last summer, I saw it at two places in Houston, including the Children's Museum & a neighborhood restaurant called Spaghetti Western. I was so excited that it was something that could be grown here. We took a cutting from one of the vines at the Children's museum, but it died shortly after. Last week, Danyel went to Lowes garden center, which always scares me. I am always afraid he will come home with another tree to plant in the yard, which would make something like 20 that he has planted in both the front and back yard. But, instead, he came home with the Passion vine. He found it! He bought two large vines and put them in hanging baskets on the trellis over the deck. We are hoping that they will take over and cover the trellis eventually. They started to bloom this week and are beautiful!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the coolest flower I have
ever seen! I want one when I get
my deck (if I ever get my deck!)
I swear, Danyel can grow
anything!

Anonymous said...

Bird-

Where the heck is BUBBY! Get these flowers off of here! Bring back Bubby!

Everyone say it, "BRING BACK BUBBY!"

Bird