Friday, March 17, 2006

Particularly difficult

I can't pronounce the word "particularly". When I say it, it sounds something like "particular-lar-ly". You would think that I would just eliminate the word from my vocab, but instead I seem to use it constantly. As it awkwardly rolls off of my tongue during conversation, I know that the person that I am talking to probably starts to think a little less of my intelligence level.

Last night, while talking to Danyel, I stumbled upon the word. I complained to him about not being able to pronounce it. He started to say it as if he was going to show off his skill with the word, but to his surprise his pronunciation of it was no better than mine. We both sounded like a bunch of idiots. After we practiced (and chuckled about it) for a few minutes, we mastered the pronunciation.

I learned three lessons from this experience:

1.) Even smart people look stupid sometimes.
2.) My husband is as much as an illiterate as I am.
2.) Practice makes perfect.

Happy Friday!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I resent these comments! I think a am very ellitarat