Tuesday, October 11, 2005

A Housewife that Cleans Her Own House?... You Got to be Kidding Me!

Today was a sad day. I had to let my maid go. We decided when Carsten was a newborn to hire a maid to come and clean the house every couple of weeks. Carsten was much younger then and required constant attention, as babies do. For a while now, since Carsten has gotten older, I have known that it was time to start doing the cleaning again, but I have delayed the inevitable. Mostly, because I have become spoiled to not having to do it myself, but also because I really feared having to "fire" someone. The maid came to clean today and I had planned to tell her when she was done and get back my house key. The whole time she was here my stomach was in knots and I was so upset. She is always so nice and friendly to both Carsten and I. I had even decided at one point not to tell her until next time, but I knew I was just being a chicken shit. Plus, Danyel would kill me. So, I did it. It wasn't too bad. And, she understood. Besides, I am tired of people giving me that screwy look when they find out that I am a Housewife that doesn't clean my own house. Well, those days of luxury are over. It's time to wake up and smell the Lysol. Maybe I should consider this working mom thing (and get my maid back!)...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HATE TO TELL YOU THIS KIDDO, BUT
YOU ARE NOT A "HOUSEWIFE". YOU ARE
NOT MARRIED TO YOUR HOUSE. YOU ARE
A "WIFE","MOTHER",& "HOMEMAKER".
YOU MAKE YOUR HOUSE A HOME FOR
YOUR FAMILY. ACTUALLY, CLEANING
YOUR HOUSE IS AT THE BOTTOM OF
THE LIST IN IMPORTANCE! JUST
THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO HEAR
YOUR OLD MOM'S OPINION (AND I GUESS
TOO BAD IF YOU DON'T)!!!LOVE YA'LL!