Monday, October 10, 2005

I've Reached a New Level of Mommyhood


Yes, I did it. I made my own baby food. I have always made fun of mothers that insist on doing this when the ones in the jar are just as nutritional (for the most part) and, of course, more convenient. Mothers that make their own baby food are usually the ones that breastfeed until their kid is in Preschool and insist on "Natural" childbirth. I am not one of those mothers. I just thought it might be fun (it's amazing how the meaning of this word changes once you have children). Carsten won't eat much green veggies from the jar, so I am hoping he will eat them when they are fresh. Anyways, it was actually pretty easy to make and they taste MUCH better than Gerber, if I do say so myself. I made green peas, broccoli, and a couple of his faves - butternut squash and sweet potatoes. I feel like a full fledged Sally Homemaker now. :-)

2 comments:

Dollywood Bound said...

If I call you mommy will you make my food to? Fresh from scratch? You know I LOVE peas!!

Melissa said...

Next thing you know, you'll be buying organic everything, especially now that Danyel is an environmentalist :-)

I made banana baby food yesterday for James' first solid food feeding. It's amazing how easy it is! You're right, it seems much better than the stuff in the jars...which doesn't look like real food at all.